BHG’s Commitment To You In Terms Of The Popi Act
1. BHG recognises the importance of protecting your privacy and is committed to protecting and preserving your personal information in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI Act”).
2. We refer to information about you or information from which you would be directly or indirectly identifiable, as “personal information”. We may also collectively refer to collecting, receiving, recording, organising, sorting, updating or modifying, handling, or using your personal information as “processing” such personal information.
3. As you have provided your, and/or your organisation's personal information to us at the commencement of our valued business relationship with you for the purpose of providing business solutions and related services, we will continuously ensure that we abide by the regulations of the POPI Act.
4. This communication explains how we process your personal information.
5. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1. BHG only processes personal information that is adequate, necessary, relevant, and is not excessive. We may collect personal information from you in the course of:
5.1.1. our relationship with you;
5.1.2. rendering our services to you and/or your organisation;
5.1.3. and our marketing activities.
5.2. Such personal information may include personal details (such as your name), contact details (such as your email address, postal address, physical address and contact number), corporate information (such as registration number, memorandum of incorporation, rules or resolutions) and financial information (such as bank statements, tax numbers and/or VAT numbers).
6. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
6.1. We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and will be processed for that purpose only.
6.2. The personal information we have collected from you is necessary:
6.2.1. to provide our business solutions and related services to you;
6.2.2. to administer, manage and develop such services;
6.2.3. to confirm, verify and update your details from time to time;
6.2.4. to provide marketing material to you including our newsletters,
our mailings, our digital marketing campaigns and/or any other
6.2.5. to conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for
6.2.6. to conduct credit reference searches or verification;
6.2.7. for audit and record-keeping purposes;
6.2.8. in connection with legal proceedings; and
6.2.9. to provide communication in respect of any business, legal or
regulatory matters that may affect you.
6.3. We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it unless there is a lawful basis or legal requirement for us to retain your Personal Information for a longer period.
7. Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
7.1. We may disclose your personal information to a service provider who may be involved in the delivery of our services to you, only with your prior consent.
7.2. We require that our service providers take appropriate, reasonable, technical and organisational measures to keep your personal information secure and not use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
7.4. We may also disclose your personal information:
7.4.1. when explicitly requested by you;
7.4.2. where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law;
7.4.3. where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
7.4.4. safeguarding your information;
7.4.5. where we believe we have a legitimate limited business interest; and
7.4.6. any other relevant and necessary third-party provider.
8. Marketing Activities
8.1. Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided in the relevant communications to you. If you unsubscribe from our mailing list, we may retain limited information sufficient to identify you so that we can honor your opt-out request. If you wish to no longer receive only certain communications, please identify such communications in your request.
9. Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information
9.1. The personal information you provide to BHG should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Should any of your personal information change, please notify BHG of such change and provide the correct personal information.
9.2. You are entitled to –
9.2.1. request access to your personal information held by BHG;
9.2.2. object to the processing of your personal information;
9.2.3. withdraw your consent to the processing of your
9.2.4. withdraw your consent to receive any marketing material;
9.2.5. request the correction or amendment of incorrect personal
information held by BHG;
9.2.6. request deletion of your personal information held by BHG;
9.2.7. restrict the processing of your personal information held by
9.2.8. request receipt by BHG, or transfer from BHG, of your
personal information from or to other organisation; and
9.2.9. seek relief to your local data protection authority should any of your
privacy rights be violated.
10. Retention Of Personal Information
Records of your personal information will not be retained or stored for any longer than is necessary for achieving the purpose for which such information was collected or subsequently processed in accordance with Data Retention Storage and Disposal Policy and any applicable laws.
11. Security And Notification
11.1. We will take all appropriate, reasonable, technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information that is in our possession to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorised alteration or destruction of your personal information or unlawful access to or processing of your personal information in accordance with the applicable law. Only authorised persons are provided access to your personal information and such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
11.2. Should we reasonably believe that your personal information has been unlawfully accessed or acquired by any unauthorised persons, we will notify the relevant regulator and you, unless we are made aware that notifying you will impede a criminal investigation.
12. Should you require more information about how BHG processes your personal information, please contact BHG at [email protected]